If you need a permit from the GRCA for construction or development in a regulated area, there are two ways to submit your application.
- Online application: Go to our online permit application. The tool will guide you through the application process.
- Paper application: Open a copy of our permit application form. You can either:
- print the form and fill it out by hand and mail it in, or
- fill in the form on the screen, print it and mail it to the GRCA.
What you'll need
Here's what you'll need to file your application:
- Landowner contact information
- Contact information for an agent, such as a contractor or consultant, if applicable
- Address of the proposed work
- The type of project. Read an explanation of the different types of projects and their fees. The online tool also provides information on the various types of projects and also calculates your fees.
- A description of the project:
- For online applications: after you submit your application you will receive an email with instructions on how to send in documents.
- For paper applications: include four copies of your plan and a map of your property.
- Download sample plans to help you draw your own plans.
- For online applications: enter your credit card information.
- For paper applications: attach a cheque.