Elementary school children can learn about the importance of our water resources at Children's Water Festivals.
Each year thousands of children spend a day outdoors learning important lessons about water science, technology, protection and conservation.
Learn more about the festivals:
The activity centres at the Children's Water Festivals focus on five themes:
- Water science: Learn about the water cycle, watersheds and the physical science of ground and surface water.
- Water protection: Investigate how human activities can affect our natural environment including our water resources. Students learn what actions they can take in their daily lives to improve and protect water quality.
- Water and technology: Explore the technology we depend on to treat, store and distribute our local water supply.
- Water conservation: Examine the different ways to conserve water in homes, schools and communities.
- Water attitudes: Explore the historical and present day uses of water and how our attitudes change over time.